Posts Tagged static html
In this release the backend has changed dramatically. The data store has changed from a database to plain xml files. This is increasing the speed enormously.
The ftp password is now stored encrypted in the backup file. That’s why you have to set your password again. You will get a corresponding hint. It is essential to make a clean installation, the data directory must be removed!!!
I don’t have the time to concentrate on testing on different platforms. That’s the reason why I’ll deploy only release candidates from now on.
If you find bugs don’t hesitate to file a ticket here or leave a comment in the forum.
The changes in detail:
- the location settings and composition of the HeapSizeDialog is wrong
features and improvements:
- ftp-password is encrypted in the backup and data xml
- feature #44 big refactoring: use XML file per site instead of database, more use of spring pattern
- integrated jii
- updated commons-net to 2.2
- updated velocity to 1.7
- updated spring to 3.0.5
- updated swt to 3.7 and dependent libs
Version 2.3 of my open source project is released. Poormans is a minimal CMS which generates the html locally and uploaded it to the webspace as needed.
This version solved mainly the following issues:
- There weren’t some ugly bugs with building pathes for resource files. These bugs mainly have an effect on windows systems!
- The code base has updated to java 6.
- A feature, which is long overdue: The webspace will cleaned up. Obsolete files will be deleted now.
Changes in detail:
- bug #28: export: some resource files weren’t copy to the export folder
- bug #32: pages with editable text containing links or images couldn’t be rendere
- bug #33: after renaming an url of a site, internal links are broken
- bug #34: problems with blanks in paths (thanks philde42 for reporting)
- some ant tasks (for dev) didn’t work as expected (thanks to philde42)
features and improvements:
- feature #2: clean up webspace
- source code has updated to java 6
- deleted obsolete icu4j lib
- update commons-lang to 2.5
- update jetty to 6.1.25
- updated swt to 3.6.1
- $utils.reverseSet has renamed to $utils.reverseCollection
Version 2.2.1 of my open source project is released. It is a minimal CMS which generates the html locally and uploaded it to the webspace as needed.
The main idea is that there is a professional (=admin) who realizes the needs of a common user (=editor) with poormans. That’s why we have 2 kinds of users:
- The admin: He analyzes the needs of the person who wants to have a website (editor). Afterwards he has to build the necessary skeleton with poormans, – the basic structure and the look of the website, how to build menus and galleries et cetera.
- The editor: He gets a peace of software (poormans), which is adapted to his special needs. The functionality is very basic and easy to learn. The editor just has to produce content with respect of the structures established by the admin. This is mandatory because it has direct consequences of building menus etc.
With this version the data directory is separated from the application directory. This is dedicated to all linux users of poormans 😉 !